– I can gain weight faster than I can lose it.
– Plans change, but God is still in control.
– I love being a momma. Love it.
– Marriage can be tricky. Time alone with my husband does wonders.
– Anna’s fashion skills are evolving. Just not sure what they are evolving into.
– I use the word “ridiculous” a lot.
– It’s ridiculous how windy Oklahoma is.
– There is no problem chips and queso can’t cure. At least, for a moment.
– John Henry has a heart after God.
– American Idol is the best thing on television.
– His mercies are still new every morning.
– Sometimes, I’m a monster. According to Anna.
– Bratz dolls are ugly.
– It’s the small stuff. The small stuff.
– Always check John Henry’s pockets before going through airport security. Check again.
– Anna’s bedtime prayers are some of my favorite moments.
– Taking cheap shots at your spouse is so uncool.
– I have days that I doubt.
– But, God still parts the Red Sea.
– It’s amazing how many turtles one can trap.
– I have precious friends.
– The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory…. Exodus 15:2
– Put more of my worries into the “God box.”
– Give more. And more. And more. Until it hurts.
– Encourage John Henry more.
– Become more aware of God’s presence in my life.
– Anna’s spunk and creativity are God-given. I want to embrace it more.
– Organize my family photos. Finally.
– Spend less time on the computer.
– Read more.
– Have more sex. There. I said it. You’re welcome, KT.
– Write more.
– Call people I normally don’t call.
– Have tea with Anna.
– Give each of my children one day where they choose every food and activity for the day. Within reason.
– Look into Kris’ eyes an extra few seconds.
– Have more quiet time with God.
– Watch every episode of American Idol.
– Give John Henry more of me.
– Laugh harder.
– Surrender all of me to Him.
– Buy the 80G iPod.
– Write a handwritten letter.
– Be more attentive to the whispers.
– Be more careful with my words.
– Listen to my friends. Really listen.
What are your revelations and/or resolutions? Come on. Share one. Share them all!
15 responses to “Revelations and Resolutions.”
GOD IS ALWAYS WORKING BEHIND THE SCENE OR SEEN….
ALL THINGS REALLY DO WORK FOR GOOD IF YOU SURRENDER TO HIM
GOD IS LONGGGGGGGGGGG SUFFERING, IT IS JUST THAT SOMETIMES I THINK HE FORGETS WE ARE SUFFERING WHILE HE IS BEING LONG
YOU KNOW I COULD GO ON BUT MAYBE LATER TODAY LOL
-my kids are growing up faster than i could have ever imagined
-“fake it til you make it” doesn’t work for me
-i have more than enough time, i just don’t use it wisely
-God loves me more than this crazy brain of mine can begin to imagine
-all i need to do is be on the same page as Him
-I can’t find the page, so He is willing to place me there
-if I live in love and gratitude everything else will fall into place
-make specific spiritual, personal, and professional goals
-spend real time meditating, & exercising(not just thinking about it)
-organize the amazing gift of today better:
only exert energy on things that are worth my valuable time
LISTEN to my children
LISTEN to my husband
LISTEN to my friends
LISTEN to my clients
LISTEN to the whispers
BE VERY PRESENT
If I spent REAL time exercising instead of THINKING about it, I might look more like Jen! Well I might be thinner lol.
The world is a much bigger place than I knew before. You should go see for yourself! The more I see, the more I realize it is not about us (you, me OR the U.S.). We are first now. In Heaven the people of this world who struggle, who die, who try and still believe…they will be first in line. Which is o.k. with me.
My son is not destined to be or turning out to be a typical 13 year old boy. He is obedient, loves the Lord, is noticing girls-but guards his eyes from the VS commercials that seem to be on t.v. every two minutes, has goals and wants to please his father (me) and his Father (God). Not perfect, but on his way to being a world changer Thank you Lord!
An 80G ipod? How many songs does that hold? My resolutions are as follows: Walk with Him. Talk to Him. Listen to Him. Love my wife. Love my life. Love my girls. Be a better friend. Watch my words. Have fun. Work hard. Love my other kids(EWC youth) Play Wii with my dad. Call my brother and sisters more often. And possibly to excercise just a bit.
Resolution 9 is my favorite…..can you forward this to my wife Ami with some scriptural backup that is incredibly compelling. No need for authenticity…..don’t reference any specific scriptures….more just an interpretation or paraphrase. Maybe even opine that Jesus REALLY WANTED to say this. Some examples would be things like, “Paul taught a great deal on this or….if only Judas’ wife could have had this knowledge”.
Thanks, and Happy New Year!
ha ha ha ha ha ha! I laughed at your blog, different parts, laughed at comments, ha ha! This was the best blog to begin a new year with!!
My life has grasped “spending more time with God, reading, listening to God, talking to HIM more, TRUST God more, then when something hits me, it is like pac man, gobble, gobble, gobble, I need to be more prepared!!!!! To be in tune with God for sure. Yeah, the part about looking into my husbands eyes more then a glance, but really listen, laugh more sounds really good. And instead of waiting to fellowship, plan some fellowship! I need that balance BIG time!
Great blog Dusty!
Stop; Don’t get the old school iPod whose days are numbered. Get the 32G iPod Touch; You can get your Facebook and Twitter fix without dragging a computer around.
Resolution; Stop eating cookies when I get anxious.
Revelation; Stressed spelled backwards is Desserts.
And the greatest of these is love…………………:)
Dennis black makes me laugh.
Praise God! Amen!!!!
Christie, Agreed!!! Crazy story. Dennis Black grew up down the street from me on Dauset Drive. Guess where he lives now? Edmond, Oklahoma. It’s a wild world. And, he’s just as funny in person 🙂
Kris Takle, You are welcome. I love your guts.
Love the lists.
Love American Idol. I blogged about it last year. Think I’ll Twitter it this year since I am so technological and fancy now.
I’m working on self-discipline. You know the dying to oneself drill. Pleasant. Very pleasant indeed.
Revelation – God’s love is:
Deeper than my view of grace
Higher than this worldly place
Longer than this road I travel
Wider than the gap You filled
Resolution – Listen REALLY hard for His whispers and do what He says. Anything can happen when you do….