Dad wanted to guest blog, and post this earlier. It just seemed it may appear, I don’t know, a little selfish on my part? Anyhoo. After several requests to read his gift and for posterity’s sake, here ya go. He’s a great dad. A really, great dad.
Happy Birthday to the most wonderful daughter in the world.
35 Things I Love About You:
1. God gave you to your mother and me.
2. I love your laugh.
3. I love the way you interact with your children.
4. I love the way you love God.
5. I love your hair and how you wear it.
6. I love your Blogs.
7. I love talking with you.
8. I love seeing you with your bags and children at the airport.
9. I love the way you treat your mom and me.
10. I love how you worship God.
11. I love the way you treat your friends.
12. I love how generous you are.
13. I love the way you love the local church.
14. I love the way you encourage me.
15. I love the way you carry yourself with such dignity.
16. I love how you look at me when I’m preaching, as that’s not my dad but a man of God.
17. I love how you and your mom cherish each other.
18. I love how you stress out over the most trivial stuff sometimes.
19. I love going out to eat with you, especially at Red Rock and Chelinos.
20. I love how smart you are.
21. I love how you love Christmas.
22. I love how you talk about Big Mama.
23. I love how you uplift other people.
24. I love how you honor and respect your husband.
25. I love your honesty about yourself.
26. I love hearing other people say how much you mean to them.
27. I love being the most proud Dad on earth.
28. I love seeing you cry tears of compassion for people.
29. I love watching you buy someone else’s groceries when you are checking out.
30. I love how you love Dr. Takle and Christina.
31. I love playing Scrabble with you.
32. I love all the quality time you give us.
33. I love how much you have matured in OKC.
34. I love everything about you.
35. I love the fact that I could say a gazillion more things.