January 16, 2003, my divorce was final. Below is the latter part of my journal entry on that day. If you are going through a difficult time today, I hope these words give you hope. I hope they help you realize that in the middle of your storm, God’s presence and goodness is always there.
I know these things for certain:
1. I’m blessed with a beautiful son.
2. I have friends that carry me, make me laugh, and love me.
3. My parents love me, and my happiness is their greatest concern.
4. There is release in forgiveness.
5. I am strong.
6. I’m not afraid to love or put my heart on the line.
7. I’m ready to, pardon the cliché, spread my wings and fly.
8. Doors are wide open.
9. It is good to laugh long and hard every day.
10. I’m better than okay.
11. God has only good things for me.
12. Tribulation produces perseverance, perseverance produces character, and character produces hope. And, hope does not disappoint.
13. This, too, shall pass.
14. I love my life.
15. I miss my dogs.
16. I love to dance.
17. Running releases stress.
18. I’m the luckiest girl on earth.
19. I’m thankful ’02 is over.
20. I’m thankful for ’02.
Life is an incredible journey. I learn and grow from every second it offers. I’m in a great place, and I’ll be in a better place tomorrow.